Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving Dessert


You may recognize this Pumpkin Carrot Cake from a previous post. Remember? I frosted it way too early? And I had to check on it every few minutes to be sure the frosting wasn't falling off the cake? Don't make the same mistake, people. Or maybe this is something everyone else already knows and I'm alone here. I think I knew not to frost so soon, but impatience got the best of me! Not this time.

My mom asked me to make this cake again for Thanksgiving. My first Thanksgiving dessert. She made apple pie and I made this. It was a great combination I think. Transporting it from Seattle to Portland was a little interesting though. I bought a cake carrier for the event, which was brilliant thinking. Lining the bottom with parchment paper was not brilliant thinking. It was good for moving the cake from the carrier to my mom's cake pedestal (you know, for elegant Thanksgiving presentation purposes). It was not good for keeping the cake stationary inside the carrier while driving south on I-5 and braking frequently in lovely holiday traffic. Despite these traveling conditions, the cake survived (thanks to it's spot on the floor of the passenger seat and frequent babysitting by Zack and I). You do what you got to do.

And take note...no frosting dripping off the sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment