Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pumpkin Cookies

Okay. So I'm obsessed with pumpkin. Pumpkin bread, pumpkin cake, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin spice lattes. But then I'm not entirely sure that it is the pumpkin I'm so enamored with. It could very well be the wonderful comforts of pumpkin spice. Pumpkin doesn't exactly have a big, bold flavor. Regardless, I'm in love. So I went searching for a pumpkin cookie recipe a couple weeks ago and this is what I found.


These are more like light, fluffy pillows from heaven. They're like little cakes. What makes them even more delightful is the brown sugar glaze on top. Now, I may be getting more excited about these cookies than I should be. Zack didn't really think they were earthshaking. Well, particularly the glaze.

This glaze is made in a saucepan. It hardens super fast, so I was madly adding additional ingredients and trying to stir and dip/frost the cookies at the same time. Some of the cookies had thicker glaze then others, but that just gives people a choice, right? Thick versus thin anyone?


I will definitely make these again. Chopped nuts could be added for garnish or could even be put into the dough. They make a great holiday treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment