Monday, November 14, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies Cockaigne


I know, I know. Cockaigne? What on earth does that mean? All I can find online is that it means a sort of medieval, mythical land of plenty. Alright. I guess I can take that.

I can take that because these cookies are magical. This twist on the classic American cookie is found in none other than the amazing Joy of Cooking Christmas Cookies cookbook (which I checked out from the public library). These are the greatest chocolate chip cookies ever. Even ask Zack.


Finely ground rolled oats, both semisweet chocolate chips and ground bittersweet chocolate, and finely chopped pecans. The texture of these cookies is incredible. Maybe it's the ground rolled oats? I had never heard of that before, but it is genius! A little bit crisp on the outside with a chewy abundance of chocolate on the inside. These are a winner.

2 comments:

  1. These cookies look amazing. I am going to make them for a cookie trading party tomorrow. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. You won't be disappointed; these cookies are top notch! Just be sure not to over-bake. Let them set-up on the baking sheet and then on a cooling rack. Happy cookie trading. :)

    ReplyDelete