Thursday, November 03, 2011

Pumpkin Bread

Well, haven't been cooking anything too new for a few days now. Just repeats. Or not much at all. I've really just been eating a lot of Halloween candy. Been busy I guess. Looks like I may have some work coming my way in the near future though, so prayers, good vibes, or whatever you're into would be greatly appreciated!

I do have a yummy pumpkin bread recipe though. This is supposedly a "healthier" version, but it doesn't compromise great texture or flavor. Throw in some chocolate chunks and you have a winner.


When I was thinking about making this relatively simple pumpkin bread, I knew exactly what Zack was going to say when he tried a piece: "This is really good, but it would be that much better if it had chocolate chips in it. Everything is better with chocolate." In my opinion, some things are just better simple. I love smooth pumpkin bread with no chunks of anything in it, and I love the plain pound cake my mom makes versus her other version with mini chocolate chips. Never the less, I made this bread with chocolate chunks in honor of Zack. Hope he reads this and appreciates my generosity. Ha ha. :)

I have to admit, the chocolate chunks were satisfying in this recipe though. And really, is there anything better than pumpkin bread in the fall? Cinnamon and nutmeg give it great spice, and the combination of all-purpose flour and whole-wheat flour makes for great texture. There was also a bit of low-fat plain yogurt in this recipe; maybe that adds to the moistness? And the pumpkin....need I say it again? Love that flavor. Happy fall. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment