Friday, January 20, 2012

Lemon Yogurt Cake

Lemon yogurt cake. Barefoot Contessa. Need I say more?


I mean, seriously. Ina Garten never disappoints. She just makes good stuff. And this recipe is even greater because it doesn't have butter in it (plain yogurt and oil act as substitutes). Aside from the sugar, it's not even that horrible for you!

Sooooo. Yes. The cake looks a little brown on the outside. One might say, I got a little distracted. In other words, I was just minding my business squeezing lemons and then everything went flying, which resulted in my painstakingly hand-squeezed lemon juice being sprayed all over the kitchen counter and floor. Which in turn taught me that lemon juice is super sticky and hard to clean up. Not to mention, it's clear so you're still stepping into tacky spots the next day.


Lesson learned: don't use the backside of an ice cream scoop to press the last bit of juice out of the flesh of your lemons. You're hand just might slip, collide with your glass juice bowl, and knock it over. I usually use my thumb, but I happened to have a paper cut on it, and you know how lemon juice stings! I guess I'll just stick to old-fashioned squeezing from now on.

I'll just end with this. Despite being a little brown, this cake still tasted delightful. Light and zesty. And the glaze is perfect. Not to mention the clear pre-glaze you pour over the cake when it's still warm. It just soaks in only to enhance the incredible lemon flavor. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment