Monday, January 02, 2012

Gingerbread Snowflakes


When I was getting ready to head down to Portland last month to see my sisters in the Nutcracker, I had images of sugarplums dancing in my head. I decided that I would skip the usual flower bouquets and opt for making them little boxes of cookies instead. Hence, Gingerbread Snowflakes from yet again, Martha Stewart's Cookies (same cookbook that I used in my recent Banana-Walnut Chocolate Chunk Cookies post).


This was kind of an all-day ordeal to be honest. But it was so worth it because these cookies were truly delicious. The gingerbread had a great level of spice and it was very smooth dough to work with (although the whole chill-the-dough, roll-the-dough, freeze-the-dough, cut-the-dough, freeze-the-dough, bake-the-dough cycle was somewhat exhausting). Dark brown sugar and molasses provide a sort of crisp texture, but the cookies definitely keep some "give" as long as they are not baked too long. Also, frosting and sprinkling took much less time than I was anticipating, and you must admit, the end product is quite impressive.


Box or bag up, and you have a great treat. These were a hit. Check out the recipe by clicking on the Gingerbread Snowflakes link here or above.  

No comments:

Post a Comment