Sunday, January 01, 2012

Banana-Walnut Chocolate Chunk Cookies

When you see those overripe bananas going brown, I know the first thing you think of is banana bread. Well, at least I do. But now, I have options. Because I've found this incredible banana cookie; thanks to Martha Stewart's Cookies.


Chopped walnuts and rolled oats provide a great texture, and the combination of two classics (banana bread and the chocolate chip cookie) is unbeatable. Especially if you use super ripe bananas; the flavor is concentrated and that much more rich and tasty as a result.

Just be sure to mix well. I'm always trying not to over mix my cookie dough. I don't know why. But then you may end up with a bite of baking soda when you're expecting delicious cookie. I think I'm going to dump my dry ingredients through a sieve (even if the recipe doesn't mention sifting) from now on. It works really nicely for not only breaking apart chunks, but for providing an even distribution of the ingredients prior to mixing as well.


If you like banana bread and chocolate chip cookies, then this might be a dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment