Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Very Green Broccoli Soup


Due to a series of unexpected events, Zack and I received our vegetable box two weeks in a row (instead of the usual every other week delivery). What was the result? More vegetables than we knew what to do with. So I got the grand idea of making a vegetable-heavy soup, and that it was. Essentially, this recipe was super easy because all I really did was cook the vegetables (broccoli, turnips, onion, and kale) with fresh thyme, chicken stock, and lemon zest. Then, I pureed the mixture. At the end, I stirred in a little half and half to make the soup a bit creamier.




If anything, this vegetable soup was a great way to have a nutrient-rich meal. It's smooth and creamy, but the tiny, individual broccoli florets keep hold, making the dish really attractive with both dark and light greens. If blended soup is your thing, this is a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment