Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Banana Crunch Muffins

Okay. After all my muffin research, I have come to the conclusion that Ina Garten's Banana Crunch Muffins are the best muffins ever. They are. Hands down. There's no question about it. And Zack agrees.


They are definitely a dessert muffin, but they are large and hearty. They're sweet; the flavor of the banana is so bold and the coconut contributes enough. There's mashed bananas, diced bananas, and banana chips in these. When I saw the recipe and that it called for nuts, granola, and banana chips, I knew that I wanted to use Bear Naked banana nut granola. I know you can find it at Trader Joe's. And it has all those things in it. Plus more: pure deliciousness. I think it made these muffins.



But the greatest thing about these is the crunch, not to mention the rich flavor. Sprinkle some of that granola on the muffins before you bake, and it will toast right up. I'll be making these again. And again. And again. Banana crunch muffins forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment