Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Double Dark Chocolate Biscotti


This is one of the dessert recipes from Power Foods. (A lot of my recipes are from this cookbook, so I've provided the book link from Amazon this time.) Dark chocolate, walnuts, and hazelnuts (my addition) make an incredible biscotti. Well, if you like twice-baked cakes. They're kind of strange. Are they crunchy cake? Are they a hard cookie? Are they a weird sort of cake-like cracker? You get the point. But hey, I'm all about trying new, weird things. So I chose this recipe yesterday morning. Not quite sure if Zack was as thrilled, but I thought these were really delicious.


You basically mix all ingredients into a very stiff dough. Then with moistened hands, you form the dough into two "logs." I know. How appetizing. But then you bake the logs (as if baked logs are any better) until the tops are set, let cool, cut into diagonal slices, then bake again until crisp. These really are good. The dark chocolate is bold and rich. And I love the chunks of chocolate and toasted nuts inside. A great biscotti for a light dessert or a welcome companion for your afternoon coffee. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment