Saturday, January 05, 2013

Week nine + a blog update

This last week has been rejuvenating. Do you ever have that kind of week? Maybe you got outside and felt immersed in nature, or you were inspired by something you saw or read. They're the kinds of experiences that bring back an element of peace and calm, and remind you of what's really important.

I'm glad that I started this meal planning gig nine weeks ago because it has sort of forced me to keep up on the blog, despite a busy schedule and busy life. Really, I just want to say I made it to Week 25, and then Week 50, and Week 75 not long after that. That's a lot of weeks! Ultimately though, Zack and I have tried an abundant number of recipes from a multitude of sources. And we've had a lot of good food. But where is this blog going?

I can find recipes, cook, write about them, and give you recipe links. But I want to do more than that. I'll still be meal planning for 3-4 recipes per week (usually 3 weeknight dinners with leftovers for lunch the next day), but I'm going back to one recipe per blog post. Remember, this blog is exploratory. You never know what might happen.

And what this is all leading up to is, yes, I did get a Pinterest account (I know, you guys didn't see that one coming...ha ha), so follow me! (I've transitioned from underground Pinterest creeper to a legit account-holding "pinner.") I'll be pinning my recipes, in addition to other amazing foodie finds that I am addicted to discovering. Not to mention non-cooking-related pins.

All in all, I've been inspired creatively and in the culinary sense. There are some wonderfully wholesome and fantastically flavorful foods ahead, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment