Sunday, September 25, 2011

Chocolate Espresso Cookies

Okay, I know. What's with all the muffins and cookies, lately, Abby? Believe me. Some meals of sustenance are in the future. Until then, passing an oh-so-hard dental hygiene board exam calls for celebration (a.k.a. cookies), right?

These will knock your socks off. My mom has a "chocolate crinkle cookie" (well, that's what we call them) recipe very similar to this one. Man, sometimes I just long for those cookies. Which makes me realize now that I should probably just ask her for the recipe. These chocolate cookies, however, have the addition of instant espresso coffee granules. It adds a little kick. Maybe the kick that knocks your socks off (ha ha). Anyways, if you've never had crinkle cookies, you got to get some somewhere. Somehow. Ugh. They're so amazing. As you bite into them, they just sort of crack in a crinkly sort of way and then the melting begins. You taste the confectioner's sugar, then it disappears ever so softly. And before you know it, the chocolate just hits you. And the espresso. It's so rich. It's so delicious. It makes an impression. An I-need-you-for-the-rest-of-my-life impression. Find one. Somewhere. And if you can't, I'm going to make boat loads of these during Christmas time (and probably before then), so do ask. By the way, if anyone ever wants one of these recipes, just comment on my post; I'm happy to share. Sharing is caring. And I care about you because you're reading my blog. Thanks for doing so. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment