Sunday, September 25, 2011

Banana-Oat Muffins

Yes. It's been a little while. I guess life goes on outside of keeping up this blog. There were a few nights of not too much cooking, and then I'm a little behind on my posts, but don't worry...we'll be on track in no time. Some good recipes coming your way!


First off, something simple. Banana-oat muffins. With a few little oats sprinkled on top, along with some brown sugar, these muffins make for some nice presentation. I've made quite a few sort of healthy muffins and breads in the last few months, but the one thing I'm sure of is they sort of taste the same. I'm on the hunt. The hunt for a delicious, but healthy, muffin. These, like the carrot-zucchini muffins I posted last, are good (don't get me wrong) but they don't have a lot of "wow" factor. However, if you just want something semi-sweet yet semi-healthy to munch on, such muffins are a great option!

You could really taste the banana in these. And I am so pro-banana. Put bananas on anything and it's delicious. You name it: pancakes or french toast, yogurt, cereal, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, anything chocolate....okay, this list consists of mostly breakfast items, but still, they're so good. And such an amazing flavor. What is it about bananas?

One last note about baking muffins that contain fruit/vegetables. For goodness sake, just spray the paper liners with cooking spray. Just do it. Otherwise, you will be gnawing half of your muffin off the paper liner. But don't over-do it! If you soak the liners with muffin spray, the liners will not even be attached to your muffins when they come out of the oven. In such times, there was apparently no point in you even using them in the first place (as can be seen in the picture of my carrot-zucchini muffins). Maybe I'm the only one. But I have found that spraying muffin liners and the extent to which you do so, is a very fine line. So maybe this will help someone out. Although, it has been a great source of laughter for Zack and I, so maybe it's okay to mess up sometimes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment