Saturday, August 27, 2011

Shish Kebabs with Spanakopita Orzo

Zack is also a good cook; he taught me a lot of the basics. Okay, he has essentially provided an alternative to my never-deviate-from-the-recipe or look-up-how-to-cut-an-onion-online techniques. I usually let Zack do the grilling on our little mini Weber. It's probably safer that way. Not that sticking to the kitchen is any safer. I've managed to burn myself a few times already during my cooking endeavors. Just minor ones though.


So this time, I was just making the orzo. We'll leave grilling for later, when I am more advanced. Onion, garlic, spinach, and feta are what make this orzo great. So green and lovely with the sharp bite of the feta. And if you don't have a food processor to puree your spinach, apparently, your blender can work just as well. Making use of what you have is a good thing. :)

1 comment:

  1. These were awesome. I think a little middle eastern/greek seasoning on the kebabs would make them even better :)

    ReplyDelete